google-site-verification: google47bd695221b3c263.html imyinwonderland: Our First National Day Parade

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Our First National Day Parade

NDP 2014

I had never enjoyed NDP as a kid. From my memory,  I only remembered the endless rehearsals that we had to attend and got to forgo my weekends due to all it. It was hot, humid and needless to say, tiring!  The parade was boring to me.

That explains why I was never interested to bring G to attend any NDP in the past 4 years. So, what actually changes my mind? We attended the 49th National Day Parade, as a family and yes it's with the newest edition of the family, the baby Aiden!

Many people will sweat, even hearing this! Here are the list of questions that went through my mind:
- Can he sit through the 4 hours?
- What about his meals?
- What if he throws his tantrums there? (You know how terrible it can get!)
- What if he poops: ( ?
- How to change his diaper there?

Anyway, here we are!
 Little G dressed up as "The Flag"
 Aiden matches his red Mickey Tee with a pair of army pants ... #patriotic! 
 The super long queue =_=" to the gate entrance 
 
We are finally seated at the green area!  Got a good seat,  I considered it as the "extra legroom" seats!

Everything went well. The view was spectacular and G is busy digging her NDP unpack for goodies while Aiden was busy filling up his tummy with the sandwiches I had prepared.As I expected, there will be lot's of people with selfie sticks! Sigh, too bad I could not get it in time for the parade. So, most of the photos will be without me :(

Fun time Selfie-ing
With my dear girl
The very hungry boy

 More photos before program starts
 Patriotic poses

 Budding photographer
He is the future...

I didn't expect the parade got me excited! The red lions parachutists, the good old National Day songs, the short clips of the extraordinary people which brought tears in my eyes, the beautiful fireworks of course. All are my fav!

Here are some shots of the parade:

The Red Lions
Nice shot of landing!  :P
Daddy boasting about His parachute experience... 
programs that I basically didn't pay attention as I was busy snapping pictures =_="



I love those balloons decorations, it feels very "in" & young... Haha...
Nice colours!
He fell asleep despite of the loud noise...  
Power Lah!


Lastly, the grand finale fireworks! 

Tips for surviving an event with kids:
- Bring lots of food that they like!
- Bring hassle free food such as bread, cookies, packet milk instead of formula milk etc
- Bring pull up pants in case cannot find place to change diaper!
- Bring big packet of wet wipes!
- Bring a strong person along so in case of uncontrollable tantrums,  the muscular daddy can carry the kid out =_=" 
- No stroller please (Anyway, it's not allowed )
(Disclaimer:  Not 100% foolproof )

















No comments:

Post a Comment