google-site-verification: google47bd695221b3c263.html imyinwonderland: Our Family Trip, Melbourne Part 1

Sunday 24 November 2013

Our Family Trip, Melbourne Part 1

We decided not to bring A, despites many commented I will miss him, unfair to him, poor A, it's not that difficult to bring just one more baby after all, A will forget you blah blah blah. Okay,  one simple reason for me not to bring him, he will be better taken care of if he stays in SG. We probably can manage, it doesn't cost much to add an infant ticket, but I believe he won't be able to rest well if he's constantly on the road and as he is still on a milk diet, water is my main concern. I do not wish to boil mineral water to make milk and I am not confident in tap water in other countries for infant. NOT to mention the bad ventilation in the plane. Ok so I wasn't even waiver at all by all comments. I know he's in safe hands - my mum!

I brought G to play with A before our night flight to Melbourne.  

I love night flights cause I can sleep better so I assumed kids can sleep better too.

We didn't really have time to plan the itinerary but I wanted to cover the Great Ocean Road, Farm stay, some wildlife, Phillips island and some shopping. I wanted to do Puffing Billy but was discouraged, but well since I don't have much time in the city itself, I decided just to do shopping! 
Is Melbourne a kid friendly destination?
Let's see from G's opinion ;P
1. The Flight - Singapore Airline 
I always trusted SQ. Also, G survived the 18hr long flight from Singapore to Los Angeles as her first trip, so I can vouch for it. For this trip, I enjoyed the hassle free flight on the way to Melbourne. But on the return, I am totally disappointed. So world class brands do make mistakes too. From now on, I am open to all airlines :D
  
2. Farm Stay - Y-Worry Farmstay @ Snake Valley
A real city escape and country experience!
But G was totally freaked out by the sound of the baby lamb (too loud). Oh yeah, and she's a city girl who hates smelly and dirty stuff. She asked, why isnt the cow black and white as in the cartoon? Haha so she refuses to touch anything and milk any cows. By the way, its a cold raining day and we quickly complete our farm tour and head to our cottage.


 
Holiday Feel name "Y-Worry"

 
Animals! We are here because we thought G will be so excited with these furry animals ...


Daddy became the only one who's willing to go near XD

 Can't get G to pose near to the animals haha This is the best shot!
She loves the big spacious cottage!

Likes: The homely feel, delicious home cooked meal and space! Also, the weather! We always love cold weather (about 10 degrees), so shiok!
Dislikes: Not much interaction with farm host, was expecting demonstrations like cow milking and things that kids like. We only met 1 host and she seemed to be really working, so the tour was actually brought us along to see what she is doing, briefly. Maybe I prefer the more commercial type which plan tours to "attract" kids! :P
Bonus: G saw rainbow after the rain! She's so excited and seem like its the best thing that ever happen :)

Even G enjoys her meal
 
The beautiful rainbow after the rain :)











No comments:

Post a Comment